Skin diseases & sexually transmitted diseases
We diagnose and treat skin diseases, various allergies and sexually transmitted diseases.
Skin diseases include a wide spectrum of diseases with different genesis, which appear on the skin, starting from contagious diseases (caused by fungi, bacteria, viruses, and parasites) to immune system disorders and systemic diseases whose symptoms mainly appear on the skin.
Sexually transmitted diseases (STDs) are sexually transmitted infectious diseases. Many different pathogens, such as bacteria, viruses, fungi or parasites, may be sexually passed from one person to another. As these pathogens are very sensitive to external conditions (they perish when the temperature changes, when they dry out, etc.), it is impossible to become infected with a sexually transmitted infection in the sauna, by sharing a toilet, or some other similar manner.
In general, sexually transmitted diseases can be classified as (a) diseases that cause genital ulceration (genital herpes, syphilis), (b) diseases that cause genital inflammation (chlamydia, trichomoniasis, gonorrhoea, ureaplasmosis, mycoplasmosis), and (c) diseases that affect the entire body (HIV, hepatitis B or C). Below are some signs or situations when we recommend you to test for STDs:
- You have or your partner has several sexual partners.
- Your partner is diagnosed with an STD.
- You have had unprotected sex with a new or casual partner.
- Before you begin a new sexual relationship.
- When you are planning pregnancy and/or at the start of pregnancy (STDs can be transmitted from an infected mother to her baby during pregnancy or childbirth causing miscarriage or the new-born being infected along with the resulting complications).
- If you suspect that you have an STD: the most common signs are discharge (from the vagina in women, from the urethra in men), change in the discharge (e.g. smell), burning sensation when urinating, pain during sexual intercourse, bleeding after sexual intercourse, blisters or ulcerations in the genital area, rectal discharge.
Please find the price-list of consultations, examinations and treatment procedures here.
If you have any questions, please call 615 4115, use webchat or send an e-mail to email@example.com.